Maintaining Canadian top ten rankings for lifestyle, low municipal taxes and affordable labour costs combined with the lowest electricity rates in North America, an extensive transportation network and supportive community leadership, Brandon offers a dynamic environment to grow your business. Rather than spending your time in traffic, Brandon’s maximum in-city commute of 12 minutes allows you the freedom to choose how you spend your time. Time to grow your business, time to spend with family and friends or time for recreation, the choice is yours in Brandon.
- Ranked 7th two years in a row in MoneySense’s Best Places to Live article
- Population – 41,511, only Canadian city with a population less than 50,000 with a University, Community College and Emergency Services College.
- Anywhere, anytime in under 12 minutes
- Average Cost – Single Family Home $186,389, 2 bedroom apartment – $690
- Median Family Income – $60,167
- Disposable Income – 25.45%
- As the regional service centre for Western Manitoba, Brandon’s trading area encompasses 180,000 people.
- One of the sunniest cities in Canada
- 17 km of river corridor and over 40 km of walking trails.
- Brandon’s postsecondary institutions offer one of a kind, in Canada, training opportunities…Department of Applied Disaster and Emergency Studies and Emergency Response training programs.
- For non teaching hospitals in Manitoba, Brandon Regional Health Center offers the widest range of specialized services.
- Research Centres in Agriculture, Geology and Ophthalmology
- Cottage country as close as 20 minutes.
Source: Economic Development Brandon